At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: Unleashing Brand Potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The qualified employee must have or be able to obtain a Hi-Lo license. They must also be able to perform heavy labor when necessary. The forklift operators are responsible for ensuring all products shipped and received is properly recorded and stored.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ability to follow written and verbal instructions
• Ability to train employees when needed
• Ability to complete all paperwork properly and in a neat an orderly fashion
• Use manual and mechanized inventory and order processing computer systems to document the storage and picking of inventory
• Must work closely with Warehouse supervisors and Crewleaders
• Must be able to recognize and establish priorities
• Understand and follow Pinnacle policies and procedures
• Ability to perform safety inspections in accordance with forklift checkout sheet
• While loading and unloading trailers, must verify trailer number and condition of trailer
• While loading and unloading trailers, must ensure all safety procedures are followed
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as; safety rules, operating instructions, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
• Must be dependable, self-motivated, and must maintain an acceptable attendance record
• Ability to perform heavy labor as required (lift up to 40 lbs frequently; lift/push/pull 30lbs occasionally)
• Ability to walk, stand and move into/out of forklift frequently throughout shift
• Ability to work in a variety of temperature zones (freezer space and loading/shipping docks)
• Ability to maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion
• Must have a Hi-Lo license or be able to pass Company Hi-Lo testing
• Operate forklift equipment as required to load or unload inbound receipts and outbound shipments, to pick outbound orders, to put away inbound product, consolidate warehouse storage locations, put away production product, identify and remove damaged product or for any other function as directed by warehouse management
• Ability to communicate effectively and help others when needed
• Must ensure actions are consistent with and support plant safety goals and procedures
• Other duties to be assigned
• High School Diploma or GED/Equivalent strongly preferred
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.