At Pinnacle Foods we are at the top of our game and the key to our success is clear. Everything we do is driven by our purpose: unleashing brand potential, dynamically evolving and improving our already beloved products to bring more convenience, taste, nutrition, and joy to today's consumers.
The results? Our well-recognized products are found in 85% of American households and are leaders in their respective categories, holding the #1 or #2 market share position in 10 of the 14 categories in which we compete — and we're just getting started. We are committed to adding value through strategic growth that synergizes our portfolio of "Leadership" and "Foundation" brands and plays to our strengths in R&D, consumer insights, and senior management experience.
We currently have an opening for employees for our production team for Snyder of Berlin® in Berlin, PA! Snyder of Berlin® has been producing fresh and tasty snacks in the little farm town of Berlin, Pennsylvania since 1947. These are temporary positions with the potential to become regular employees.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The temporary general laborer may be assigned work in production packing or sorting areas or the warehouse to help pick orders, based on where the needs are. This
position requires the availability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts, Monday through Friday. Hours vary per week. The position is temporary and there is no benefits
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Includes the following; other duties may be assigned.
• Pack all cartons neatly and efficiently.
• Properly assemble cartons for packaging.
• Ensure corrrect bag count, code dates, prices, and stickers and proper seal on bags and cases.
• Identify and remove spliced and/or misprinted packaging.
• Remove pallets from pallet stack and place at proper sorting station. Place pallet boards on trucks.
• Scan product with hand held scanner and place product ticket on finished load of product.
• Place loaded trucks back on finished pallet at stretch wrap area.
• Work with other sorters to keep flow of product moving.
• Pick orders in warehouse.
• Maintain clean work area.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Ability to operate machinery and other equipment used in the course of work performed.
• Able to work with all levels of employees.
• Proficiency and accuracy with basic counting skills.
• Ability to maintain positive awareness of quality assurance and safety
• Frequent lifting of moderate weight material up to 30 lbs and occasional lifting of heavy material of 50 pounds.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
We Value Veterans - Snyder of Berlin and Pinnacle Foods regard military service as valuable life experience and are committed to hiring veterans; therefore, we count military service as equivalent experience for roles.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.
About Snyder of Berlin®:
The Snyder family chip business began in 1920 in the home kitchen of Edward Snyder II and his wife, Eda, in a small town in Pennsylvania, using a recipe based on a snack that Edward had seen at a hotel in upstate New York. As the popularity of their chips grew, they began to expand toward Pittsburgh. Potato buyers and farmers in the Laurel Highlands got together with the Snyder family and determined it made sense to build a self-sustaining chip factory amid their fields where the potatoes were being grown. For more information and to see the full line of Snyder of Berlin® products, visit www.snyderofberlin.com.