We currently have openings for employees for our production team for Snyder of Berlin® in Berlin, PA! Snyder of Berlin® has been producing fresh and tasty snacks in the little farm town of Berlin, Pennsylvania since 1947.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The production employees may be assigned work in sorting areas or in the warehouse to help pick orders, based on where the needs are. This
position requires the availability to work 1st, 2nd, or 3rd shifts, Monday through Friday. Hours vary per week.
A comprehensive benefits package is available after the probationary period.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Pack all cartons neatly and efficiently.
• Properly assemble cartons for packaging.
• Ensure correct bag count, code dates, prices, and stickers and proper seal on bags and cases.
• Identify and remove spliced and/or misprinted packaging.
• Remove pallets from pallet stack and place at proper sorting station. Place pallet boards on trucks.
• Scan product with hand held scanner and place product ticket on finished load of product.
• Place loaded trucks back on finished pallet at stretch wrap area.
• Work with other sorters to keep flow of product moving.
• Pick orders in warehouse.
• Maintain clean work area.
• Perform other duties as required.
• Ability to operate machinery and other equipment used in the course of work performed.
• Able to work with all levels of employees.
• Proficiency and accuracy with basic counting skills.
• Ability to maintain positive awareness of quality assurance and safety
• Frequent lifting of moderate weight material up to 30 lbs and occasional lifting of heavy material of 50 pounds.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Minimum of High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
We Value Veterans - Snyder of Berlin and Pinnacle Foods regard military service as valuable life experience and are committed to hiring veterans; therefore, we count military service as equivalent experience for roles.
Pinnacle Foods is an Affirmative Action/EEO Employer – qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to protected veteran or disability status, race/color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other legally protected basis.